Friday, June 21, 2013

Pay It Forward Friday #2

 

Harder Than I Thought It Would Be…

 

fdacb6db-82ab-4edf-a3c0-f34873b0f4a6_zpsc4c93f5a

 

 

Truthfully, this is harder than I thought it would be…how could doing one simple, little nice thing be so difficult for me this past week?

 

Because sometimes I forget, sometimes I am nasty, sometimes I don’t really feel like it.

 

I meant to surprise some little kid at the ice rink by leaving some money in a baggie on a vending machine, but I was in a rush to get my son to his game and had too many other things on my mind, so I forgot…

I meant to leave a home-baked treat on my cranky neighbor’s porch, but then he yelled at my son for accidentally kicking a ball into his yard, so I thought, “Screw you, Jerk.” (See, I told you I am nasty sometimes…Remind me to get a 6 foot fence…)

 

I meant to send a card to an old friend who I haven’t talked to in a while, but I kept putting it off, distracted by all the “day to day” chores and errands that fill up my day.

 

I meant to, I meant to, I meant to…

 

So here I am on Friday…

 

The best thing I did was to offer to cover a co-worker’s weekend night shift so she could go to some party but I did this grudgingly….(during the summer I work only weekends so any free weekend night is precious to me.)

I’m a nurse, did I mention that?

 

How was your week?  I would love to hear what you did…

No comments:

Post a Comment